Tuesday, March 25, 2008

highlights from today

today a cute boy came into the pharmacy. and he DIDN'T get pain killers! just good old accutane. and he didn't even really have acne! no wedding ring either! eep! hopefully he'll come back in a month for refills and i'll be there again.

about 10 minutes to close, a lady called in saying that she was out of metformin and her blood sugar was high so she needed them refilled asap and she lived close by, so i told her it was okay and we'd get them ready for her. something about that statement didn't seem right, when i realized what it was. you don't take metformin when your blood sugar's high. it's not like insulin. but whatever. i ignored it and refilled it for her, just glad i wasn't staying after for some oxy-addict. about 2 minutes to close, my pharmacist came up to me after counseling a lady on xanax or something and told me that we already had a metformin refill ready for the lady who called me. she never picked it up last month. to which i loudly replied "well no wonder your blood sugar's high, if you're not taking your metformin regularly." my pharmacist then proceeded to inform me that the lady she had just counseled and who was still in hearing range was indeed the metformin patient. i hope she heard me though. someone needs to tell her that.

last night my parents were hanging out with close friends of theirs. apparently one of them takes 3 somas, 2 valiums, and an ambien to fall asleep at night. and even that doesn't always work. i told my parents that one day their friend wasn't going to wake up.

and that's about it!

No comments: